CargoM, the Logistics and Transportation Metropolitan Cluster of Montreal, yesterday presented its 2019-2020 report to more than 75 people at its annual general meeting of members. Attended by numerous transportation and logistics stakeholders, some of the projects covered met the specific problems of this eventful year while other initiatives were implemented to support our supply chain in the face of challenges such as fluidity, economic development, outreach, workforce and training.
“It is with a sense of accomplishment that CargoM brings you its 20-21 Annual Report.,” said Mathieu Charbpnneau, Executive Director. “These difficult months have affected many sectors and businesses, and we salute the involvement of our members and partners, who never faltered despite the daily setbacks. The COVID-19 crisis gave us the opportunity to develop projects that will remain sustainable and useful for our logistics community.”
Here are the main actions that marked the year:
- Submission to the Ministry of Economy and Innovation (MEI), in partnership with Propulsion Québec, of an innovation zone project: La Cité de la mobilité durable (The City of Sustainable Mobility)
- Rollout of the rapid cargo distribution project, CargO2AI, in partnership with the Port of Montreal, developed by Ivado Labs and funded by Scale AI
- Inventory of available indoor and outdoor storage spaces in Greater Montreal
- Publication of bi-monthly newsletters about the course of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Official launch of the Lean & Green certification project
- Fifth edition, and the first virtual edition, of the CargoM Career Day in Transportation and Logistics
- Design and updating of communication tools: brochures, website, graphic boards, etc.
- Publication of studies on the cold chain, Profilage de la chaîne froide du Grand Montréal et identification des opportunités d’affaires sur la chaîne du froid and freight transport in an urban environment, Examen des potentialités d’utilisation des infrastructures de transport collectif à des fins de transport de marchandises en milieu urbain
- Start of work on the professional truck driving immersion program, the Programme d’immersion professionnelle en camionnage (PIPC)
- Webinars and learning tools on Foreign Trade Zone programs
- Active participation as a member in numerous committees, including the Quebec government follow-up committee for the Sustainable Mobility Policy – 2030, the Conseil emploi metropole, the Board of Directors of the Greater Montreal Climate Fund, and the Transportation Committee of the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
- To learn more, consult the CargoM 2020-2021 annual report by clicking here.